Description is below picture. MouseOver to zoom.
Alpar Forbid each. Forbid is made from vegetable protein that has been purified and crystalized. It is used as condiment on the food of dogs and cats to stop them from eating their own stools or the stools of other animals. It should also be administered to animals whos stools are being consumed.
Alpar forbid itself is tasteless and works on making stools unpalatable once it has been ingested. Years of use have proven Alpar Forbid to be Safe & Effective.
Dogs: 3-20lbs - 1/4 package twice a day. Dogs: 20-100lbs - 1/2 package twice a day. Use for 5-6 days, you should see a response after the first or second day. This will usually curb coprophagy for months, often permanently.
Cats: 1/4 package per day for 4-5 days.
If coprophagy starts again after initial dosage, give 1 gram per day (package contains 8 grams) for 2-3 weeks or as necessary.
Points to consider regarding administration of For-bid
- Be sure you are not overfeeding your pet because undigested food in the feces will propagate coprophagy.
- It may be advisable to change the diet. In other words, get something new in the digestive tract. Try a new diet with a range of B complex vitamins as well as minerals
- How does For-Bid work: You feed the For-bid on the pet food morning and evening. This food then goes through the gastrointestinal tract; the breakdown product of For-bid is in the feces. The dog is then sensitized to his feces. The next day the dog picks up his feces and spits it out. The villa on the tongue are reacting. Be sure the dogs are not on steroids because this will counter the effect of For-bid
Types of Coprophagy
- Acute: This occurs in young dogs, one to six months old and has started for one to three weeks: For-bid is almost 100% effective
- Intermediate: Dogs 3-5 years old that have coprophagy for one to three months: For-bid is about 95% effective.
- Chronic: Dogs 5 and 6 years old that have been doing it for one to three years: This is not coprophagy but a bad habit. Here For-bid may not work, if it doesn't, try basic behavior modification in addition to obedience training.
Contains wheat gluten and monosodium glutamate.
Price is for one 8 gram package
Cannot be imported to Australia
See all products from Alpar
Visit Manufacturer's website: www.for-bid.com
Alpar Forbid Anticoprophagic Condiment for Dogs