Description is below picture. MouseOver for larger image.
Shrimp King Active Soil consists of up to 100% natural raw materials.
Produced from a variety of carefully selected natural soils, it provides
essential minerals and trace elements, which promote the health and growth
Shrimp King Active Soil has been developed especially for the successful
keeping and breeding of shrimps. It is particularly suited to all species
that like soft, slightly acidic water, especially bee shrimps, such as the
popular Crystal Red, Red Bee, Tiger Bees and Shadow Shrimp.
It adjusts the water to be more like that which soft water species are
accustomed to in their natural habitats. As a natural ion exchanger it
reduces the pH and stabilizes it at a slightly acidic level (approx. pH 6.0-
6.5). At the same time it reduces the carbonate hardness â€“ down to close to
approx. 0-2 Â°d CH depending on the water source - and thus makes the water
It also serves as a natural source of humic and fulvic acids, without
discoloring the water.
- The irregular shaped grains, with a diameter of 1-4 mm also give a
- The dark black colouring provides excellent contrast with the vibrant
colors of the shrimps
- Porous surface for the settlement of important cleansing bacteria
- Also extremely well suited to use with substrate filter systems
- Does not discolour water
- Promotes growth â€“ bacteria, single-cell organisms, single-cell algae
and other microorganisms - as valuable, natural nutrition, especially for
- Excellent filter capacity for crystal-clear water
- Binds harmful substances for healthy living conditions
- Also ideal for all tropical fish and plant species that like soft,
slightly acidic water
- Does not promote algae
- The use of ShrimpKing Bee Salt in combination with osmosis water
extends the useful life of ShrimpKing Active Soil
See all products from Dennerle
Visit Manufacturer's website: www.dennerle.com/en
Shrimp King Active Soil Aqutic Substrate 4-Liters